M.C. Blanchard Judicial Building
190 Governmental Center, 5th Floor
Pensacola, FL 32502
The Code of Judicial Conduct precludes judicial assistants from making substantive inquiries of the judge on behalf of any attorney or litigant involved in any action. The Code prohibits all judges from considering ex parte (one side only) communications.
Judicial assistants cannot provide legal advice to anyone. However, they are more than happy to assist with procedural questions.
Any issue to be considered by a judge should be in the form of a motion filed with the Clerk of Court with copies provided to all parties of record. It is the responsibility of the moving party to set the motion for hearing.
Submitting Documents Prior to Hearings
Any memoranda, case law, or other documents that parties wish the judge to consider prior to a hearing should be hand delivered at least 24 hours before the hearing. Copies should be provided to all parties in the matter. If a party is submitting a memorandum that cites case law, all cases cited should be provided to the judge.
TO SCHEDULE HEARINGS
- All hearings are scheduled by telephone through the judicial assistant after the motion is filed.
- Before calling, please conference with the opposing party.
- Please have ready the name of the pleading(s) and the amount of time requested.
TO SUBMIT PROPOSED ORDERS
- Submit all proposed orders in Word Format to the Florida e-Filing Portal pursuant to Administrative Directive ECAD 2021-03.
- Title proposed orders as follows: Name Case # Title of Order. Please follow this example: Smith 2024 CF 671 Order Granting Continuance.
- All orders are now date stamped below the judge’s electronic signature, so a fill-in date line is no longer needed in the “Done and Ordered” line. Please follow this example: DONE AND ORDERED in Escambia County, Florida.
Please ensure opposing parties are included on emails.
- Please send a courtesy copy of the Notice of Hearing to the judicial assistant.
- Arraignments begin at 8:30 a.m.
- Docket Day begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Jury Selection begins at 8:30 a.m.