Process Server Certification
The following information is offered to assist you in applying for certification as a process server in the First Judicial Circuit.
***PLEASE NOTE*** Escambia County, Santa Rosa County, Okaloosa County and Walton County are the only counties in The First Judicial Circuit. If you reside in a different county and wish to become a process server, please contact the Circuit Court in which you reside and follow their certification instructions.
To become a certified process server in the First Judicial Circuit you must:
1. Pay a $300 non-refundable application fee. This fee is made payable to Community Corrections. This fee can only be paid by Money Order or Visa/Mastercard (3% fee applies for credit card). NO CASH. The application fee must be paid before taking the exam.
2. Pass a written exam covering the Chapter 48 of the Florida Statutes. If the applicant does not pass the exam, the exam may be taken again no less than 30 days from original testing date. Exams are administered at Community Corrections located at 6400 North W Street, Pensacola, FL 32505. The exams are scheduled by appointment only during the months of February through August. You will take the exam and pay the application fee at the same location. Bring your payment and driver’s license with you to the exam.
3. Complete an application. The application must be notarized. This can be done at the time of your appointment. Do not sign your application unless you are in front of a notary.
4. Obtain a Certificate of Good Conduct. This must be obtained through the Office of the State Attorney for the First Judicial Circuit located at the M.C. Blanchard Building in Pensacola, FL. Please make your request by mail. The fee is $25. Acceptable forms of payment are check or money order made payable to the State Attorney. Mail your payment along with a note indicating your Name, Birthday and Social Security Number, along with your e-mail address, requesting a good conduct letter to: Office of the State Attorney, PO Box 12726, Pensacola, FL 32591. Once completed, it will be forwarded to the appropriate parties and copied to you.
5. Obtain a bond in the amount of $5,000. This can be done through any surety company authorized to do business in the State of Florida. The original bond must be filed with Community Corrections.
Please click on the links below for detailed information, and to print a copy of Chapter 48.
If after reviewing all the links below you have questions or are ready to schedule your exam, please contact Community Corrections at 850-595-3766. You will receive a voicemail message. Please leave your name, your phone number and a message. Messages are retrieved periodically throughout each business day.
PROCESS SERVER APPLICATION FORM
RENEWAL APPLICANT INSTRUCTIONS
PROCESS SERVER BOND TEMPLATE FORM
Request a List of Process Servers
To request a list of process servers please contact Community Corrections at 850-595-3766.