How do I file a Domestic Violence Injunction?

Applies to the following: 

If you are in imminent danger of harm please dial 9-1-1.

A Domestic Violence Injunction (sometimes called a restraining order) can be filed by anyone who is the victim of any act of domestic violence or has a reasonable belief he or she is in imminent danger of becoming the victim of any act of domestic violence.

It is not necessary for a person seeking a domestic violence injunction to be represented by an attorney.  No filing fees are charged to file a petition against domestic violence.

To file a domestic violence injunction, you are required to visit the office of the Clerk of Court in the county in which you live.  In Escambia County, this office is located at:

Escambia County Clerk of Court
M.C. Blanchard Judicial Building
2nd Floor, Family Law Division
190 Governmental Center (corner of Government and South Baylen Streets)
Pensacola, Florida  32502