How do I file a Domestic Violence Injunction?

Applies to the following: 

If you are in imminent danger of harm please dial 9-1-1.

A Domestic Violence Injunction (sometimes called a restraining order) can be filed by anyone who is the victim of any act of domestic violence or has a reasonable belief he or she is in imminent danger of becoming the victim of any act of domestic violence.

It is not necessary for a person seeking a domestic violence injunction to be represented by an attorney.  No filing fees are charged to file a petition against domestic violence.

To file a domestic violence injunction, you are required to visit the office of the Clerk of Court in the county in which you live.  In Santa Rosa County, this office is located at:

Santa Rosa County Clerk of Court
Santa Rosa County Courthouse
4025 Avalon Blvd.
Milton, Florida  32583